Cleared for take-off!
It’s available for your next fly-venture, cross-country trip, hour building and a great choice for pilots that are currently pursuing or planning a new rating, i.e. instrument rating or commercial pilot license.
Our current wet-lease rental rate is $235.00 / hour (hobbs). Any pilot flying more than 15 hours in any 90 day period is eligible for a discounted rate of $185.00 / hour (hobbs) to incentivize loyalty and proficiency.
Our mission is to make modern aircraft built in this century available to pilots at rates that compete with traditional trainer aircraft that were built 40-50 years ago. There is nothing wrong with a good old Cessna 172, but with with the Cirrus SR20 you get a lot more comfort, safety and much better cruise performance at comparable rates. Our operation is focused on SR20 because it operates a lot more efficient than her bigger sister (the SR22) – which results in a hourly rate that is about 30% less than what a SR22 would cost to rent.
We currently operate N173CD but there are plans to expand the operation and add to the fleet of PlusOne and/or other flying clubs in the greater San Diego area.
Our list of checkout requirements is trying to strike a balance between accessibility and availability to a wide group of pilots while also making sure that each individual pilot is properly trained, experienced, aware and current.
The current checkout requirements are:
- VFR/IFR syllabus for Cirrus transition (training with any club-approved Cirrus CFI)
- Satisfactory evaluation flight (with club Safety Officer or designee)
- Minimum hours (including all flights with approved CFIs and evaluation flight)
- Pilots with no time in make/model: 10.0 flight (VFR) or 15.0 flight (IFR) and 8.0 ground (see syllabus)
- Pilots with time in make/model but no Cirrus Transition certificate: 5.0 flight, addl. hours as required by CFI
- Pilots with Cirrus Transition certificate: as required by CFI
- Completion of checkout quiz
The requirements for solo flight are:
- 80 hours total
- Private Pilot
- PlusOne Cirrus Transition Certificate
- 1.0 hours in preceding 90 days in SR20 (make/model)
If make/model currency of a pilot has lapsed, a flight with an approved CFI is required prior to any solo flight.
Sign up for our newsletter here: